Monday, September 03, 2012

A few of my favorite things

Waking up naturally.  I love that moment when you realize that you've just emerged from sleep.  As Chris well knows, I loathe the alarm clock.  Fortunately, Little J ensures I don't need one most days.

Spending time with my family.  Not associated with a hospital stay, preferably.  Though I still love seeing them any way I can.

The t-shirt I got at University of Nevada-Reno when I was there for a conference.  It was an unusual splurge for me.  I never buy souvenirs like this (other than cheesy magnets that are a few bucks), especially a t-shirt that cost over $20.  That looks like a skater shirt.  At a school I don't care about.  And I almost returned it the next day, but I'm glad I didn't.  It's the perfect PJ shirt, and it's worn thin but still so comfy.

The fact that J loves stuffed animals.  He now sleeps with two puppies every night and every nap.  And he shares his binky with them, the true sign of friendship.


Reading something that reminds me that I can still think deeply about complex problems and weightier matters than the daily minutia of snacks, naps, trips to the park, sweep up the Cheerios...  I firmly believe the sum total of those minutia is extremely important, but there's no denying it can get a bit mind-numbing at times.  But, then again, life in general can be mind-numbing.

My sister Beth's egg-free cookie recipe that J can help me make and eat as much batter as he wants.

Getting an email, a real one, from the friends I miss in Charlottesville.  Or Provo.  Or Colleyville.

Doing my favorite job every day.

2 comments:

Jen said...

What cute photos! So glad you have so many favorite things. :) So what serious books are on your reading list these days?

Dani said...

Great post. Your little man is so cute.