Friday, June 08, 2012

Fond Farewell

For weeks, when people ask if I'm sad to leave Charlottesville, my answer has been, "I'm excited to go to Minnesota, but I'm not ready to leave Virginia."  We checked out of Copeley, we close on our house on Monday, but it's still true.  On Thursday, Chris and I actually drove back down to Cville from my in-laws' house 2 hours away for one last doctor appointment.  I had a rush of sentimental feeling as we came into town.  I never thought driving by the Walmart and Sam's Club would almost bring me to tears.  Thank goodness we didn't have to drive by Copeley, or I would've lost it.  That place will always be dear to my heart.  It was the home we brought little J to from the hospital.  It was the haven to which we escaped from our crack-dealing neighbors.  It was where we found a community full of amazing people, who I miss so much already.

Of course, before we left T.J.'s hometown, we had to do a family photo shoot on the Lawn.  Thanks to the fabulous Jamie Smith, we've got the proof that the Baileys were at UVA!












1 comment:

Erin Gibbons said...

I just read your last few posts, and I was thinking about you earlier today, or yesterday, too! Your posts are so fun and refreshing, and I love your family pictures! Cute family! Can't wait to see the pictures of your new home, and we're so excited for your next big adventure!