Friday, March 21, 2008

Give me a G-S-S

In addition to lots of other fun things



(such as staying at the Circus Circus Hotel...



...or rescuing Rachel Hansen's earring from the bathroom drain with a paper clip)

I got back in touch with my high school roots this past weekend in Reno.

People I have met since my days at CHHS are often surprised to learn that I was a cheerleader for 5 years. I generally take that as a compliment, although I wonder if I've lost my pep.

But with the help of Larkin and Rachel at the NAGPS regional conference, it was confirmed:



once a cheerleader, always a cheerleader. Go Graduate Student Society!

5 comments:

Beth schell said...

once a cheerleader always a cheerleader huh! I'm glad to see that your unique and hidden talents are being enjoyed by others (jewelry finding etc.)

Annegirl said...

The first day I met you I watched you do about 36 cartwheels in a row. I was seriously impressed with your cheerleader skillz.

And I have never questioned your peppiness. =)

Kimberly said...

I think the thing that I love most about you is that you are peppy and fun. Plus, you are one of my only friends who didn't become boring when they got married. Way to go Rach!

Nama said...

ha! i just remembered how you & are i are twins, but you're the one with spirit. :) still sooooooo true.

Signingbailey said...

Cheerleading. Now there is a pillar in the feminist movement. *grin*